The business in Romania blog writes about the Romanian business landscape, doing business in Romania, investing in Romania business and debating on business issues in Romania. Check this Blog's Policy here.
Sitemap | Feedback | Doing Business in Romania report | Opening a Business in Romania | RSS for this Blog
Friday, October 28, 2005
According to a study made by GFK Romania, here are some key findings about what do young Romanians want (with my comments on them between brackets):
- 25% of them want to leave Romania for good (i don't).
- 49% of them would like to leave Romania at least for one or two years for studying or working abroad (maybe, in Sweeden).
- 83% of them want their own apartment (me included)
- 81% want a good job (i got one)
- 73% want to be financially independent (fortunately, i reached this several years ago)
- 64% of them want a family (now? hmm... depends on her)
Here is how "the future sounds" according to the study:
- 76% of them think of a better future (me included)
- 74% of them think Romania joining the EU will bring moree opportunities (me included).
Looking now at what do they think is needed in order to be successful, let's see:
- self-confidence - 81% (yes, very important)
- solid education - 76% (hmm...i would bet more on things learned on the job, not in school)
- foreign languages - 72% (a must)
- own skills - 69% (they can be improved)
- professional competencies - 68% (this comes with experience)
- good looking - 38% (hahaha)
- going around the law - 23% (hmm...i wouldn't bet on this)
- be a member of a political party - 23% (which party? i don't think you should try this. better look on top of the list).
Also, I would like a car, wireless throughout the entire country, a house and a dog. And a bottle of Jack, please.
What do you think? What else do you need in order to be successful?
Posted by Mihai Botea : 10/28/2005 12:13:00 pm
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
Capital to host international car race in 2006
Reader's Digest Magazine Launches in Romania
MS Office competitor from Romania ?
Wipro to set up BPO in Romania
Motherboard for both AMD and Intel
Chocolate and coffee on display
Google recruitment for Romania
Google declares war to Microsoft
Autodesk buys Alias
Germany Invests Big in Romania
Publications & Media
This website is proud to be designed by Mihai Dragan
I usually listen to THIS kind of music.